If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chowder is a favorite in my family. The fresh rosemary and lemon thyme gives this soup a tangy flavor. —Gerlinde de Broekert
- 2 ounces chopped pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped into bite sizes
- 2 white potatoes, chopped into bite sizes
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces clams (1 can)
- 3 ears of corn, cut the kernels from the cob
- Sauté pancetta in olive oil over medium heat until crisp, about five minutes. Drain the pancetta on a paper towel, reserving the fat in the pan. Add the next four ingredients and sauté for about six to eight minutes, stirring often and making sure that the mixture doesn't stick to the pot. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir for one to two minutes. Add a little milk to scrap the bottom of the pot clean. Gradually add the rest of the milk, stirring constantly. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook until slightly thickened about five minutes. Add the clams with their juice , salt and pepper and cook for about five to ten minutes, until the vegetables are done. Add the corn and pancetta and turn off the heat. Let the soup steep for a few minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn