If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These gluten free corn fritters are light and airy with just 1 tbsp of flour, which ensures nothing takes away from the star of the dish, fresh corn. Perfect served for breakfast or brunch with butter or maple syrup and a side of bacon. This is a family favourite in my house. —Every Last Bite
large Egg, separated
large egg white
tablespoon gluten free flour
tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- In a bowl mix together corn, egg yolk, flour, sugar, salt and pepper
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry using a hand held mixer
- Fold egg whites into corn mixture
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium high heat
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil ensuring there is minimum an inch of space between each
- Cook until golden on the bottom (approx 1-2 minutes) and then flip and cook until golden on the other side
- Keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining Fritters.
- Serve with the option of butter, salt & pepper and maple syrup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn