If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's a quick recipe to spruce up the sausages and 'dogs you'll be grilling for the next few months. A five minute recipe that you can store in the fridge, bring to a picnic, or eat straight out of the pan. It's a quick sauerkraut recipe that you'll be happy to have! —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 1 jar
- 1/4 head red cabbage (shaved or thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon whole caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Shave the 1/4 head of cabbage with a mandolin. If you don't have a mandolin, cut the cabbage into really thin strips, like sauerkraut or coleslaw.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add cabbage, caraway seeds, mustard seeds, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and lower heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. The sauerkraut can either be served warm or chilled on your favorite brats and dogs.