If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many ingredients can be added to this, such as: olives, peppers, onions, chicken, etc.
Best if prepared the night before.
Olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper can be altered to adjust taste.
You will need large bowls and pots for this recipe. —Jenny Haevischer
Serves 5-10 people
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Basil (dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 pound Gemelli Pasta (1 box) (Barilla brand is best)
- 2 Containers of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (cut in half & lightly salted)
- 7 ounces Feta Cheese (cut into bite sized cubes) (Valbreso French sheep’s feta is best)
- 2-3 Large Portabella Mushrooms (caps only) (cubed large, will shrink during saute’ process)
- 2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce (Lee & Perrins is best)
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Run cold water over the noodles until they’re cold, to stop the cooking process.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large bowl; mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder (whisk in a small bowl first w/ oil to remove clumps), basil, oregano, salt, pepper & sugar; let sit.
- Starting cutting the tomatoes in half and lightly salt them, if desired, and add them to the oil/vinegar/seasoning mixture to marinate.
- When pasta is done cooking, use the same pot to saute’ the mushrooms. Add the olive oil, butter & worcestershire sauce. When butter is melted, add the largely cubed mushroom caps and saute’ until they’re about half the size from when you first put them in the pot. Stir often.
- Meanwhile, add the cold pasta to the oil/vinegar/seasoning/tomato mixture and stir well.
- When mushrooms are done, add them (w/ all the juices) to the previous mixture.
- Cut up the feta cheese into bite sized cubes and mix everything together very well.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours, but best if chilled overnight. Stir about every hour or so, if possible.
- Serve & enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe