If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite pizzas is a Hawaiian pizza with extra cheese. The gooey mozzarella melting into the salty Canadian bacon is delicately balanced by the fruity sweetness of the pineapple chunks. My love for bacon wrapping has migrated to the pizza and the barbecue pit. So I replaced the Canadian bacon with regular bacon, kept the mozzarella cheese, and omitted the crust. Voila! Bacon-wrapped Pineapple Mozzarella Rings! —Harry Soo
- 24 pieces slice of bacon
- 8 pieces sliced pineapple rings from can
- 8 pieces mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 3 pieces large sweet yellow onion, cut into 1/3 inch rings
- 1 pinch Your favorite BBQ Rub
- 4 tablespoons Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Peel and cut the large onion into 1/3 inch slices.
- Open the can of pineapple slices, drain the juice and set aside 8 slices.
- Match the onion rings to the size of the pineapple slices—choose rings that have more of a bowl shape to help hold the string cheese in place.
- Tear the mozzarella string cheese in half.
- Place one half of the mozzarella in the onion ring and cut the other half to fill in the remaining gap. Place the cut piece filling in the gap.
- Stack the mozzarella lined onion ring on the pineapple and start wrapping with bacon slices. Use two to three slices of bacon per ring. Just take it slow and Keep it all in place and it will eventually wrap—sometimes it takes some repositioning or restuffing of string cheese into ring.
- Wrap the pineapple ring, onion ring, and mozzarella with 3 bacon strips per ring. Once all wrapped, sprinkle on some fav BBQ rub on the rings
- Start up the Weber kettle (or your grill of choice) and cook indirect at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Glaze with your favorite BBQ sauce. Let cool down for a few minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as marinara.