If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This citrusy salad is my favorite contribution to the stocked picnic basket I bring to the outdoor movies that play every summer in the NYC parks. It's best paired with a chilled bottle of wine. —alyson mance
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 cup edamame (cooked, shelled)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until water has evaporated. Let stand five minutes and fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine rice vinegar, orange and lemon juices, olive oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Add cooked quinoa, onion, pomegranate seeds and edamame. Mix well, adjust seasoning, and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe