If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mangoes are particularly ripe and sweet in the spring and summer, and the crunchy pine nuts and hint of mint make this a great side dish or light work lunch. —alyson mance
- 3 cups couscous
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups diced mango (about 3 ataulfo mangoes)
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the vegetable stock and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Add to a large bowl with mango, onion and pine nuts.
- In a smaller bowl, combine orange juice and zest, vinegar, mint, and parsley. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking. Pour over couscous salad and toss. Adjust for salt and pepper and serve immediately. Can be made a few hours ahead and served at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe