If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made these Sausage and Scallion Egg Muffins for Better Connecticut during my Cook Once Meals All Week series! The best part of these egg muffins is you can use any of your favorite fillings. I love to use leftover sausage, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes handy.
These are great to freeze and just quickly microwave for your on-the-go breakfast. For those following the Paleo diet or are Gluten free these are the perfect recipe for you! Make a salad and enjoy for lunch or dinner!
Don’t you just love my Zak Design platter!
I had 3 leftover cooked sausages (2 sweet and 1 hot) to make these yummy egg muffins. If you need to cook up sausage buy the breakfast sausage and sauté up and drain any fat. —Cindy Anschutz
- 12 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 3 Cooked sausage, or 1/2 pound of breakfast sausage
- 2-3 Scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup melting cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 12 muffin tins lined with paper.
- In a large bowl whisk your eggs then season with salt and pepper.
- In your mini food processor blend sausage (pulse about 5 times). Until small pieces.
- Add to eggs along with remaining ingredients.
- Divide mixture into 12 muffin tins. (depending on the size of your tins you can yield between 12-14 egg muffins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.