If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A couple of weeks ago some rutabagas arrived in my Veg Box and I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.
It is a bit hot for soup so I made these fritters (using the spring onions from my Veg Box too) which were a hit with everyone.
They are easy to make but take a bit of patience to cook. I use a pancake pan where 3 can fit together.
Best served with a crunchy salad and eaten warm. —The Flexitarian
- 1.75 pounds rutabaga
- 10.5 ounces potato
- 4 large organic eggs
- 8 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 7 ounces feta
- 3 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Peel rutabagas and potatoes. Grate both in a large salad bowl with the coarser side of a cheese grater.
- Press any extra moisture out with a kitchen towel.
- Beat eggs together in a separate bowl. Mix in spring onions, chives and crumbled feta.
- Pour mixture over the grated vegetables and mix until well blended
- Add flour. Mix again until you have a slightly sticky vegetable paste.
- Season to taste.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Shape each fritter by hand (around 2 generous tablespoon or 1cm thick and 10 cm diameter).
- Under medium to high heat, fry 2-3 potato pancakes at the time (depending on the size of your pan) for around 5 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Keep cooked fritters warm covered in the oven until you are ready to serve them.