If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If, like me, you’re sick of the heavy, fatty, grocery store pasta salads, this is a great substitute. All your friends will be much happier (and healthier) if you bring this tortellini salad to their cookout. One of the biggest disappointments of the pre-made pasta salads is that it contains little to no nutrients and even less flavor. This tortellini is chock full of fresh veggies and tangy flavors. —Michelle @ Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
- 2.5 pounds cheese tortellini
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, zest
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and slightly mashed
- 5 anchovy filets packed in oil, chopped and slightly mashed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let the tortellini cool completely and add it to a large bowl.
- Cut each grape tomato in half and chop the shallots.
- Add the tomatoes, shallots, spinach leaves, and feta cheese to the tortellini.
- Combine the mashed anchovy, mashed garlic and chopped rosemary in a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, dried oregano and whisk all the ingredients together until combined. To all you anchovy haters, those pesky anchovies will dissolve and you will never see them again. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until all the vinaigrette ingredients are combined. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Gently mix the vinaigrette into the tortellini with two big wooden spoons. Add more black pepper to taste and give the salad a final mix.
- Garnish with lemon zest.