If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A medium rare steak grilled to perfection, sliced thin and topped with a little arugula, swiss, onion and a very special jam. It's a summer treat that travels well. —Emily Z
Makes 4 sandwiches
Blueberry Balsamic Ginger Jam
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Very Long French Baguette, slice into 4 OR 4 Hoagie Rolls
- 1 1/2 pounds Flat Iron Steak
- Coarse Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- Baby Arugula (or substitute Romaine if you like)
- Sliced Onion
- Salad Dressing such as Miracle Whip (optional)
- Butter or Olive Oil
- For the Jam: Mash the blueberries with a fork. Add the ginger and balsamic vinegar. Add the chia seeds. Stir. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Preheat grill to high. Grill about 7 minutes on one side. Flip and grill another 4 minutes or so, until medium rare. Let rest about 15 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- Slice the baguette open. Spread a thin layer of olive oil or butter on your French Baguette. Toast on the grill of under a broiler.
- Spread a generous layer of blueberry jam on the top layer. Spread salad dressing or Miracle whip on the bottom layer. (if using) Layer the steak, onion and cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe