If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Served here on soba noodles, this vegan asparagus salad is bursting with Asian flavours, proteins and iron.
Asparagus and peanuts are an unusual combination yet they work together perfectly. —The Flexitarian
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 3.5 ounces soba noodles
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1.75 ounces roasted peanuts chopped coarsely
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in 2 separate pans.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by mixing together oils, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, sugar and mint.
- Chop peanuts and reserve on the side.
- When water is boiling, cook asparagus for 3 mins in one of the pan and soba noodles (also for 3-4 mins) in the other pan.
- Drain asparagus when cooked. Drain soba noodles separately and rinse them under cold water so they do not stick together.
- Serve on two plates sharing soba noodles and asparagus evenly.
- Add dressing on top followed by a generous sprinkle of peanuts.