If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This colorful salad is jam-packed with nutrients and protein from the kale, walnuts and white beans. The dried cranberries balance out the bitterness of the kale, while the "scrunching" or "massaging" method softens the leaves of the kales giving you a delicious, flavor bursting and crowd-pleasing source of greens! Eat immediately or prepare up to 24 hours in advance for the freshest taste.
Pairs Well With: Sangiovese, pinot noir, grilled chicken, sausage
Soundtrack Pairing: Bitter Sweet Symphony (The Verve)
"Recipes From a Little Kitchen in the Big Apple" —UseThatKitchen
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces small white beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- Wash kale leaves, destem leaves (remove rough stem pieces) and chop into small pieces. Add into large bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to bowl. Using your hands, scrunch or massage the kale leaves for 2 to 3 minutes, or until leaves are softened to a similar texture of regular lettuce.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss until well mixed. Serve immediately or within 24 hours for freshest taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe