If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich is a portable take on the classic salade nicoise. So many flavorful layers combine for an amazing sandwich experience! Sandwich components can be made the night before and later assembled. The sandwich serves two with sides, or for heartier appetites, for one. Double or quadruple the quantities for sharing! —SugarnStuff
- 1.5 ounces green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot, divided
- 300 grams piece of fresh tuna
- 1 small potato scrubbed well
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- boston lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 0.75 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 0.5 teaspoons dijon
- 2.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pitted, chopped nicoise olives
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped finely
- 0.5 tablespoons chopped capers
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- thick slices of a crusty, dense bread of choice
- -Bring salted water to boil in saucepan, then adding green beans, boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove green beans and immediately plunge into iced water. When cool, slice lengthwise and toss with 1/2 tbsp minced shallot. Set aside.
- -Steam or bake potato, then allow to partially cool. While still a little warm, slice and drizzle with 2 tsp white wine and other 1/2 tbsp minced shallots. Allow to cool, then drain excess liquid if needed. Set aside.
- -Mix together 2.5 tbsp mayonnaise, nicoise olives, capers,anchovy fillet, and 0.25 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- -Mix together 1 tsp olive oil, 0.5 tsp lemon juice, 0.5 tsp dijon and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- -Heat a grill pan at medium. Brush sliced bread with olive oil, then grill until toasted.
- -Wipe grill pan and increase heat to medium-high.
- -Season tuna stak with sea salt, pepper and some olive oil. Place in grill pan and cook for 1.5-2 minutes each side. Remove tuna from heat and allow to rest for several minutes, then slice. Set aside.
- -To assemble sandwich: spread mayonnaise mixture on one slice of bread. Top with slices of potato, then sliced grilled tuna. To other slice of bread, add boston lettuce leaves, then green beans, sliced tomato and slices of boiled egg. Drizzle with olive oil/dijon mixture. Press both sides together, cut and serve. Makes enough for one large sandwich. Ingredients may be made the day prior and kept covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe