Author Notes: Sandwich meets salad in this super fresh & healthy brunch. The perfect flavor combo of heirloom tomatoes & basil with a fine trace of garlic. Minimum prep time required. —Feed Me Dearly
medium-large ripe heirloom tomatoes, a mix of colors, cored and chopped into large chunks
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons red wine vinegar
basil leaves, sliced into a loose chiffonade (or if that word is too fancy, just tear them into pieces)
Maldon salt and black pepper to taste
baguette, halved and sliced crosswise into thirds (to make 6 pieces)
- Heat a grill pan on medium high.
- While the grill pan heats, make your bruschetta topping by mixing the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the bread so that it’s lightly charred on both sides.
- When the bread is toasted, take it off the grill pan, and rub a clove of garlic directly on the bread (not the crust side).
- Place the bread on a large serving platter, and spoon the tomato mixture on top.
- Sprinkle if desired with an extra spray of Maldon salt for texture.
- Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper and serve.