If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sandwich meets salad in this super fresh & healthy brunch. The perfect flavor combo of heirloom tomatoes & basil with a fine trace of garlic. Minimum prep time required. —Feed Me Dearly
- 4 medium-large ripe heirloom tomatoes, a mix of colors, cored and chopped into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5-6 basil leaves, sliced into a loose chiffonade (or if that word is too fancy, just tear them into pieces)
- Maldon salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 baguette, halved and sliced crosswise into thirds (to make 6 pieces)
- Heat a grill pan on medium high.
- While the grill pan heats, make your bruschetta topping by mixing the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the bread so that it’s lightly charred on both sides.
- When the bread is toasted, take it off the grill pan, and rub a clove of garlic directly on the bread (not the crust side).
- Place the bread on a large serving platter, and spoon the tomato mixture on top.
- Sprinkle if desired with an extra spray of Maldon salt for texture.
- Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper and serve.