If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe uses roasted root vegetables and lots of garlic! I think the veggie chilli pairs nicely with the coconut rice —Jason Johnson
- 1 butternut squash, cubed and roasted
- 1 purple onion, quartered length-wise, roasted
- 3 carrots, cubed and roasted
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced very thinly
- 1 spanich onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons chilli powder, more or less to taste
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 14 oz cans of chopped tomatoes
- 4 sprigs rough-chopped Cilantro for garnish
- 1 favorite hot sauce
- 2 cups uncooked and rinsed Basmati rice
- 4 cups coconut milk
- Roast the root vegetables at 400 F for 20 minutes or until tender, leave the purple onion in its skin and remove after roasting
- Heat pot and add olive oil, it's ready when it begins to shimmer
- Add diced onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic to oil and onions
- Add chilli powder and stir to coat garlic and onions. Stir to coat.
- Add: cans of tomato, roasted root vegetables, diced peppers, uncooked quinoa and chicken stock
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally until quinoa is cooked
- In a separate pot, cook Basmati rice and coconut milk until rice is cooked thoroughly
- In a bowl put Coconut Basmati rice and top with Roasted Root Vegetable Chilli
- Serve and garnish with chopped cilantro and hot sauce (optional)