If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Zucchini and red bell pepper get the waffle iron treatment. —Daniel Shumski
medium zucchini, (about 1 pound), cut into 1?2-inch-thick chunks
large red bell pepper, about 1?2 pound), stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1?4-inch-wide strips
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your waffle iron on medium.
- Toss the zucchini and the pepper with the olive oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Place as many vegetables as will fit on the waffle iron, close the lid, and cook until the zucchini has softened but is not mushy, 4 minutes.
- Use silicone-tipped tongs to remove the vegetables, and place them on a serving plate.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with any remaining vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish