This dip has all kinds of sexy ingredients in one place: kale, artichokes, caramelized onions, crispy prosciutto bits, Parmesan, Feta, white cheddar. The kind of ingredients that I generally have on hand because (with the exception of kale) they have pretty long shelf-lives. —Feed Me Dearly
- Serves 8
yellow onion, diced
kale, steamed, water drained, and chopped
frozen artichokes, thawed
white cheddar, roughly chopped
kosher salt, or to taste
A few grinds of black pepper
Parmesan cheese, divided
packaged prosciutto, cut crosswise into slices
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium sautee pan over medium heat, sautee the onion until lightly caramelized (just starting to turn golden brown).
- In the bowl of a food processor process the cheddar and feta cheese until it resembles coarse bits.
- Add the chopped kale, artichokes, caramelized onions, cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper, and 2 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese. Puree until blended well, about 30 seconds.
- In the same pan as the onions were cooked, add the prosciutto and cook over medium heat until brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the prosciutto to the dip in the food processor, and pulse a few times to blend.
- Scrape the mixture into 2 individual baking dishes (about 16 oz each) or for a bigger crowd, 1 medium sized 8×8 dish. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If the top needs additional browning, you can broil it for a minute, keeping a close eye so that it doesn’t burn.
- NOTES: This makes a pretty big batch of dip – we had enough for 2 individual baking dishes, about 16 oz each, one we ate right away, the other we wrapped and saved for later in the week.