If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an all-time favorite of mine. The vegetables are vibrant, the spices are a global medley and the smokiness just seals the deal.
Mix up the vegetable choices with seasonal favorites and grill, farm to table, for a different experience every time! This recipe is fresh, satisfying, light and full of nutritional DNA. —Currysutra
- 2 cups red bell peppers; 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups yellow bell peppers; 1 inch pieces
- 1 piece medium sized red onion; chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms; cut into halves
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dukkah nut & spice blend
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic; finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joes 21 seasoning spice blend
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala
- Rinse and prep all veggies.
- Soak skewers in water for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil and all spices, seasonings, and homemade pesto. Whisk together.
- Add the veggies and mix well.
- Thread yellow/green zucchini, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, and bell pepper onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook skewers on grill until vegetables are tender, turning sides after 2-3 minutes and then repeat.
- Plate and sprinkle on chaat masala. (serving size of 3-4 skewers per person)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish