If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A grilled in foil medley of fresh garden vegetables; choices versatile, tossed with herbed wine vinaigrette is a favorite of mine. We like preparing this vegetable side whenever we get the chance, weather permitting. Serve hot off the grill or plan ahead and chill about 4 hours, allowing the vinaigrette to marinate throughout. —lapadia
Serves as many as you have prepared for
1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano, Red chilies (optional) finely chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup good olive oil
VEGETABLE & MISCELLANEOUS
Fresh garden or farmers market vegetables of choice
Variety of herbs: fresh Italian parsley, snipped rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.
6-8 cloves smashed garlic, or more - to your personal taste
Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Heavy duty foil, large serving bowl, a good extra virgin olive oil, salt & ground pepper.
Note: a grill basket with the foil placed inside works nicely, if you have one.
- PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE Place all ingredients in a mason jar, shake well to combine. Taste; season with salt and pepper, adjust tart and sweetness to your liking. Sit until needed.
- Wash and drain the vegetables, cut into uniform desired sized pieces. Smash garlic cloves, snip rosemary, Italian parsley, etc.
- Once seasoned, place the vegetables on a large piece of heavy foil, crimping it up around all edges making an open purse. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and toss. Let sit and marinate while preparing the grill.
- Prepare the grill: Light the coals, once hot, mound them on one side of the grate; keep the bottom vents completely open, the coals will be just right when covered in a light gray ash.
- After the coals are ready, close bottom vents half way. Place the vegetable pouch on the grill opposite the fire (indirect heat). Put the lid on the grill with the top vents directly over the vegetables half open to help draw the heat and smoke past them.
- Cook vegetables crisp tender; give them a toss now and then.
- Check for doneness; the heat of the grill, thickness of the foil, size and amount of vegetables will factor in how long it takes to cook.
- Season a large bowl with garlic clove cut in half; rub over the entire inside of the bowl. Place the grilled vegetables into the seasoned bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
- Cover until ready to serve…can be chilled at least 4 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish