If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Celebrate the summer with this grilling zucchini and chickpea salad! To contrast the tenderness of grilled zucchini, I have used crunchy roasted chickpeas. The smokiness of the grilled zucchini also pairs nicely with the salsa made out of cherry tomatoes, shallots and herbs. Use this salad as your main meal, or pair it with grilled meats! —Medha | Farm on Plate
Zucchini and Chickpea Salad
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- SALSA INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 2 medium shallots - peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil/cilantro - chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini length wise in half. Place cut side up and sprinkle with salt. Flip and set aside for 15 minutes until it releases some of its water. The goal here is to make the zucchini less watery, and get it ready for grilling. You can skip this step if you are eating the salad right away and don’t mind the zucchini a bit on the tender side.
- Pat dry and brush both sides with olive oil. Set grill on medium high heat. Put zucchini on grill, cook until charred, flip once.
- In a bowl mix tomatoes, shallots, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and set it aside.
- 2 cups chickpeas - cooked
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven 400°F.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Spread them out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes until crisply and golden. Set aside.
- I love serving this salad family style. Let people mix the zucchini, roasted chickpeas and salsa the way they like it!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish