If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Barbecued meat is the norm in North Pakistan, flavours are simple, pepper being the only really heat added - it's all about the pure taste of the meat, grilling, and simplicity of cooking techniques. —Sumayya Usmani
- 250 grams boneless shoulder of lamb, cut into bite-size cubes
- 5 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 small dried chilli (optional, if you want a bit more of a kick)
- Place the salt, black peppercorn, dry roasted cumin. red chilli and garlic together in a mortar and pestle and grind until fine.
- Mix this with the yoghurt and lime juice and add the lamb pieces. Leave to marinate from 1 hour to overnight.
- Using bamboo skewers, pierce through pieces of the marinated lamb.
- To cook, either grill on a griddle or barbeque until cooked as desired.
- Serve hot with naan bread and a fresh tomato salad.