If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh salad or side with the ancient grain farro, inspired by the delicious kitchen salads of Israel. —FamilyStyle Food
- 1 cup farro
- kosher salt
- 2 mini cucumbers, diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Handful each fresh basil and parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a 3 quarts water to a boil with 1 tablespoon salt; add the farro. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the farro has swelled and softened but still has a little bite, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- While the farro cooks, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt to taste; toss gently.
- Add the warm drained farro to the tomato mixture, sprinkle the herbs over and toss together. Crumble the feta cheese over the salad.