It's a tangy appetizer with an unusual flavor and taste. The idea to add dry Lavender Blossoms into olives marinated normally with herbs came out of the need to give this appetizer an extra flavor. You know how these things work: you look around in the pantry jars and get an inspiration... My lavender jar was in the bedroom though...
Anyway, black olives are marinated with lavender blossoms, oregano, thyme and sage, garlic, two lemon slices and a little bit of olive oil.
For this recipe I propose "half teaspoon" of dry Lavender blossoms. You can also use 1"one teaspoon" but then the flavor is much too strong for my taste.
The recipe does not work well neither with Kalamata Olive which are marinated in vinegar and oil, neither with green olives. Go figure!
gr black olives
teaspoon dry Lavender blossoms
teaspoon dry thyme
teaspoon dry oregano
teaspoon dry sage
slices lemon cut into quarters
tablespoons olive oil
- Put olives, herbs, garlic and lemon slices in a medium size plastic bowl or jar with a lid.
- Shake well up 3-4 times until ingredients blend with each other.
- Pour the olives in a glass jar.
- Drizzle with olive oil and close the lid.
- Store in the fridge.
- Flavors develop after 3-5 days.