If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
It's a tangy appetizer with an unusual flavor and taste. The idea to add dry Lavender Blossoms into olives marinated normally with herbs came out of the need to give this appetizer an extra flavor. You know how these things work: you look around in the pantry jars and get an inspiration... My lavender jar was in the bedroom though...
Anyway, black olives are marinated with lavender blossoms, oregano, thyme and sage, garlic, two lemon slices and a little bit of olive oil.
For this recipe I propose "half teaspoon" of dry Lavender blossoms. You can also use 1"one teaspoon" but then the flavor is much too strong for my taste.
The recipe does not work well neither with Kalamata Olive which are marinated in vinegar and oil, neither with green olives. Go figure!
- 250 gr black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Lavender blossoms
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 slices lemon cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put olives, herbs, garlic and lemon slices in a medium size plastic bowl or jar with a lid.
- Shake well up 3-4 times until ingredients blend with each other.
- Pour the olives in a glass jar.
- Drizzle with olive oil and close the lid.
- Store in the fridge.
- Flavors develop after 3-5 days.