If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes a huge pot
Rieu (Crab Mixture)
- leftover shrimp shell
- 1 cup water
- ~4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can 10-14 oz crab meat paste in spices (found at a local Asian market)
- 1/2 pound minced shrimp paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 5-8 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 bags of fried tofu
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 packet vermicelli noodles
- Shrimp Stock: You can use leftover shrimp shell (that you peeled for the paste) for a tastier broth. Rinse left over shrimp shell. Boil shrimp shell in water for 30 minutes. When stock is ready, strain the broth from impurities.
- Add the chicken stock to the shrimp stock and bring to a boil. As soon as the stock comes to a boil, add the tomatoes (I love my tomatoes super soft) and tofu.
- While that is boiling, start the crab mixture. Combine the ground turkey, crab, minced shrimp paste (you can mince these yourself), can of crab meat paste in spices, fish sauce, and ground pepper. After it is all mixed, mix in the beaten eggs. We need the stock to come a boil before we add the crab mixture.
- Once stock boils, add the crab mixture. It is ok to get clumps, I love huge lumps of the crab mixture. Sprinkle some green onions and your soup is ready. Depending on how you like to have your crab soup, you can serve it with vermicelli noodles or just have it without noodles as a soup. Voila! You’ll get a nice hearty warm bowl of soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup