If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light yogurt cake turned upside down with a poppy seed layer. Topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries - serving the taste of summer on your plate! —Sabrina
Makes 1 8inch cake
Poppy Seed Layer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 200 grams ground Poppy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons egg, beaten
- 50 grams butter
- 130 grams sugar
- 2 pieces egg, beaten - minus 2 tbsp for the poppy seed layer
- 150 grams natural yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet baking powder
- 250 grams flour
- 250 milliliters whipping cream
- 200 grams strawberries, fresh
- Start with greasing the sides of an 8 inch cake pan.
- Melt the butter and spread on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons poppy seeds.
- Mix the remaining poppy seeds with the remaining two tablespoons of sugar, the beaten egg and the sour cream and spread onto the bottom.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Make the cake: beat the butter with the sugar for two minutes.
- Add in the beaten eggs and the yogurt, mix well.
- Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder until batter is just combined and pour it on top of the poppy seed layer.
- Bake the cake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for half an hour, then remove from the pan upside down and let cool for a further 20 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooled and you are ready to serve beat your whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of the cake and sprinkle with the strawberries. Serve immediately.