If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How do you get everyone to say 'Mamma Mia' with each bite? Simply whip up this quick and easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta, fusilli coated in a creamy (yet cream-free) pesto-like sauce of roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, almonds and olive oil. Mixed with fresh green peas and topped with ricotta and basil, who could resist? —bitememore
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cups ground almonds
- ¼ cups red wine vinegar
- ¼ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cups olive oil
- 1 pound fusilli
- 1 cup fresh peas
- ½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- For the roasted red pepper sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine roasted red peppers, ground almonds, red wine vinegar, Parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, shallot, salt and pepper. Blend until well chopped. Add olive oil and blend until smooth. Cover and let stand until ready to dress pasta.
- For the pasta, in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook fusilli until tender. In the last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta, add fresh peas and cook until both are tender. Drain well and place pasta and peas in a large serving bowl. While pasta is still warm toss with prepared sauce. Top pasta with crumbled ricotta cheese and garnish with basil leaves.