If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Forget wishing for Wolfgang (Puck, that is) to walk through the door - with this easy pizza recipe, you can whip up your own scrumptious pie in a snap. Nothing can beat (especially take-out) the wonder of a tender homemade pizza crust loaded up with roasted vegetables and dollops of creamy ricotta cheese. —bitememore
Makes 8-10 slices
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 packet (2 ¼ tsp) active dry yeast
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Roasted Vegetable Topping
- 8 small red potatoes, washed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoons dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cups pizza sauce
- ½ cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt
- For the dough, place warm water in a small bowl and dissolve honey in it. Sprinkle yeast over water, cover and let stand 10 minutes. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add flour, salt and olive oil. Using the dough hook attachment, add the yeast mixture on low speed. Turn speed to medium and continue to mix for 4 minutes. Remove dough from bowl and knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Place in a large bowl that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm area for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for the roasted vegetable topping, preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss potatoes, zucchini, peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and oregano together. Place vegetables on baking sheet and cook 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 475ºF.
- After the dough has doubled in size, knead it for 1 minute. Spread dough into a lightly oiled 14-inch pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce onto dough and evenly sprinkle roasted vegetables over sauce. Using a tablespoon, drop dollops of ricotta cheese on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Lightly brush around the edges of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden. Let pizza rest 5 minutes before cutting and serving.