If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a hamburger I made around an idea of burger filled with red onion. Once I added the vegetables I could not resist adding some other familiar parts to it but in a very different way. —Darko Kontin
Makes 2 burgers
For the burger
- 500 grams ground beef
- 130 grams red onion
- 60 grams sweet corn
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grinded green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grinded black pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 handful red cabbage
- 1 handful carrots (stripped)
- 4 tablespoons white salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons Cottage cheese
- 4 pieces sun dried tomatoes
- 1 handful watercress
- 4 teaspoons garlic and chili pesto
- Ground all the spices and put them in the middle of the grounded beef. Mix well.
- Add sweet corn and roughly chopped parsley. Mix the ingredients one more time.
- Separate the meat mixture into two balls and form patties out of them, and then form those patties into donuts.
- In the middle of each meat donut add half of the red onion, but chopped as a single round piece. Basically you want to cut the onion into 4 pieces vertically and use the middle two to stuff into the burger. Squeeze the meat around the onion so it firmly holds it in the place.
- Bake the 300 grams burgers on high heat making sure they are cooked through out. Once they are done then are ready to serve.
- Place red cabbage and thinly sliced carrots on the bottom hamburg bun which was previously toasted on the fat left from the burgers.
- Put some white salad dressing on top or make your own with yogurt, lemon juice, mayonnaise and salt.
- On top of the salad put the burger and top it with cottage cheese and watercress leaves. Don't forget to put sun dried tomatoes up there as well.
- At the end take the top hamburger bun, which was also toasted, and spread a thin layer of garlic and chili pesto over it. Put everything together and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe