If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quinoa is a favorite of mine. This little sprout is supercharged with protein and is actually a complete protein, though most consider it grain. Mixed with kale and cucumber it is both light and packed with super powers. —Jeanette Bronée, Path for Life
- 3/4 cup pre-cooked and chilled quinoa
- 1 pinch sea-salt
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1 dash freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Curly Kale
- 1 teaspoon Sea-Salt
- 1 tablespoon Mirin or brown-rice vinegar
- Use pre-cooked quinoa. To cook takes 25 min. Rinse well, add to a pot and add water. Use 1 cup of water per 1/2 cup of quinoa and a pinch sea-salt. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. It is cooked when the little tail of the sprout is opened up.
- Wash and finely chop the kale. Put it in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Drizzle the sea-salt and vinegar over it and massage well with your hands.
- Chop the cucumber into small chunks and mix with the quinoa and kale in a bowl. Add olive oil, sea-salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill it all in a glass and turn the glass over onto a plate to serve.