If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thick, rich, creamy raw, vegan cheesecake with a delectable pecan crust. It's perfect for freezing ahead of time; thaw it in the fridge a few hours before your next party, top with a coulis or fresh fruit and you'll be a HIT at your next party :) Great for summer entertainment! —Stacy
- 1 cup pecans
- 4-6 large dried figs, re-hydrated with boiling water
- Optional: If you don't have dried figs 1 cup of raisins or 6-8 hydrated pitted dates would work.
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pinch salt
Matcha and White Chocolate Filling
- 2 cups (heaping) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 6 drops Stevia, or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- MATCHA: 1 tsp matcha powder & 1 tsp maple B syrup
- COULIS: 1/4 cup fresh organic strawberries & 1 TB raw honey & 1/2 Tsp Chia Seeds
- Soak the cashews overnight (at least 6-8 hours). Drain the water and set aside. For a QUICK soak boil in water for 15-20 minutes, add more water to keep covered.
- For the Crust: Place crust ingredients together into a food processor and pulse 2 re-hydrated figs at a time until everything begins to stick together if pinched between your fingers. Water as needed to soften.
- Place into the bottom of a small spring form pan (6"). Place in freezer while preparing the cheesecake ingredients.
- For the Cheesecake: blend al ingredients together in a clean food processor, stream in the coconut oil until it all combines to a creamy "cheesecake"-like consistency. The mixture should be very thick and creamy. Divide in 1/2 in two separate bowls. Water as needed to thin.
- In one half of the mixture, incorporate the matcha and extra maple syrup.
- For the Strawberry Coulis: puree all ingredients together. Let it sit while you assemble the cheesecake. The chia seeds will let it coagulate and turn into a thicker "jam"-like consistency.
- To Assemble: Drop half the white chocolate filling by the 1/2 tsp over crust randomly alternating, drop 1/2 the matcha mixture by the 1/2 tsp to cover the crust. Add 1/2 the coulis drizzling on top. Tap lightly on the counter to level. Repeat with the rest of the cheesecake mixture. Flatten the top with a knife. Drop remaining strawberry coulis by the 1/2 Tsp over the top in droplets. Swirl with a knife or chopsticks to desired design.
- Place in freezer for 4-6 hours to firm up.
- To serve remove from freezer and let it sit to soften a bit. Place fresh sliced fruit or fresh figs and strawberries on top to garnish. ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff