plum tomatoes, quartered
garlic clove, finely grated
teaspoon pepper flakes
tablespoons olive oil, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
15-ounce container whole-milk ricotta
cup chopped parsley
Freshly grated nutmeg
In This Recipe
- Preheat grill to medium. Combine tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place a large rectangle of foil on your work surface, and pour the tomatoes on top. Gather and crimp edges of foil, sealing to form a packet.
- Season the eggplant with salt and pepper and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, parsley, and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the foil packet and the eggplant to the grill. Grill the eggplant until charred and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Grill packet, shaking occasionally, for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled tomatoes to a bowl and mash with a potato masher to create a sauce. To assemble, place about 1/4 cup ricotta filling on eggplant slices. Starting with a narrower side, roll the eggplant around filling. Serve stuffed eggplant with tomato sauce.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!