If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces thick-sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped (about 2 cups)
- Crusty bread for serving
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven (or another large, heavy-bottomed pot with a lid) over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, and pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is tender and pancetta has rendered, about 5 minutes.
- Add pepper flakes, wine, and mussels; cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the mussels have opened, 8 to 10 minutes (discard those that do not open). Serve with bread, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!