If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This makes a great light brunch or side dish. The Brussels sprouts get salty and tangy from the olive and lemon, then crispy and caramelized on the bottom. Mix in the little bit of fat from the egg yolk, and wow, is this delicious! —Leanne Brown
cups Brussels sprouts
Salt and pepper
olives, finely chopped (any kind; we used kalamata olives)
- Chop off the ends of the sprouts. Slice them in half, then finely shred each half. Place the shreds in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Swirl it around to coat the pan. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and garlic, then leave it to cook for about 1 minute. Mix it up and toss it around. Add the olives and mix again.
- Crack the eggs into opposite sides of the pan. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Pour in 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Let the eggs steam, undisturbed, for 2 minutes.
- Once the whites of the eggs are cooked through, turn off the heat and sprinkle everything with lemon juice, to taste.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!