Author Notes: Hummus is one of those recipes that is great to have in your pocket .. it's healthy & can be used in so many ways —VeggiesByCandlelight
Makes: 3 cups
cups cooked or canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
cups raw spinach, packed
heads roasted garlic (** or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
cup olive oil + a little more to thin, if needed
tablespoon ground cumin, paprika, or sumac, or to taste, plus a sprinkling for garnish
salt & pepper, to taste
juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
In This Recipe
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor & pulse 5-10 times
- Add the the rest of the ingredients
- Purée for one or two minutes, adding cooking liquid or olive oil (a tablespoon at a time) until the mixture is to your desired smoothness.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve drizzled with olive oil
- (** Garnish ideas .. chopped pine nuts, sliced black olives, sprinkling of either ground cumin or paprika, freshly chopped parsley leaves)
- Refrigerate for up to a couple days or freeze for months.