If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hummus is one of those recipes that is great to have in your pocket .. it's healthy & can be used in so many ways —VeggiesByCandlelight
Makes: 3 cups
cups cooked or canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
cups raw spinach, packed
heads roasted garlic (** or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
cup olive oil + a little more to thin, if needed
tablespoon ground cumin, paprika, or sumac, or to taste, plus a sprinkling for garnish
salt & pepper, to taste
juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor & pulse 5-10 times
- Add the the rest of the ingredients
- Purée for one or two minutes, adding cooking liquid or olive oil (a tablespoon at a time) until the mixture is to your desired smoothness.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve drizzled with olive oil
- (** Garnish ideas .. chopped pine nuts, sliced black olives, sprinkling of either ground cumin or paprika, freshly chopped parsley leaves)
- Refrigerate for up to a couple days or freeze for months.