If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using avocados in place of mayonnaise not only allows for a healthy alternative, but also enhances the flavor of the other components of the recipe! If there are any leftovers, remove potatoes and use the avocado mixture as a spread for BLT's or other sandwiches. —Susan Hicks
Serves 6-8 people, generously
- 1.5 lbs small golden Yukon potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill, chopped very small
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced very small
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped very small
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped very small
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 + teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Wash potatoes well, chop in 1" cubes. Add 2" water to a large sauce pot, place potatoes in a steamer basket. Bring water to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and cover. Steam for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- In a large bowl, mash avocado, add lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red onion, cucumber, celery, red bell pepper, dill and Kosher salt. Gently stir until nicely blended. Fold in potatoes and chill. Before serving, add freshly ground pepper.