If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Put a party favorite like guacamole on some toasted bread and top it with a sweet summer peach salsa. Put it in front of your hungry friends and then just try to keep up with the demand. They go fast! —Brooklyn Salt
- 1 large baguette
- Olive oil, for toasting bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe peaches, skinned, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Course salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Set your oven to 300 degrees. Cut the baguette diagonally into thin slices. Brush the tops with a bit of olive oil and toast on a baking pan in the oven until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mash the avocados until only slightly chunky. Mix in the salt, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the peaches, onion, salt and pepper.
- Spread each piece of toasted bread with some guacamole and top with a bit of the peach salsa. Serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados