Author Notes: I threw together this salad to sate a craving for watermelon and because I was looking for something that was both sweet and savory to serve alongside some summer lobsters. I love the sweet mixture of sweet watermelon, peppery arugula, clean-tasting parsley, salty olives, sharp onion (soak slices in cold water for a few minutes to lessen the impact), creamy cheese, tart lime, and unctuous olive oil. All the measurements below are rough; proportion the ingredients as you see fit. —Cave Cibum
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/6 red onion, sliced as thinly as possible
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, juiced
- olive oil
- In a wide, shallow bowl, toss together the arugula and parsley.
- Top with watermelon, olives, onion, and feta.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe