If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At the times of the Ottoman Empire, a “bouyiourdi” was the written order of an officeholder. We don’t know how or why, but in contemporary Greek the world is synonymous of one of the most popular mezzes of Thessaloniki.
After all the two most important ingredients of this recipe, the boukovo chili flakes and the spicy peppers are widely produced (and consumed) across Northern Greece. —Evangelia
- 200 grams Feta
- 100 grams medium-hard yellow cheese (like Kasseri)
- 2 pinches tomatoes, diced
- 1 pinch spicy pepper with the seeds, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoons smoked chili flakes (traditionally called boukovo)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 30 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oven at 200C
- Place the Feta diced tomato, peppers and chili flakes in a skillet
- Cover with the yellow cheese and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Serve warm