If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a modified recipe adapted from a friend of a friend's recipe. The original recipe had more lime zest and lime juice (3-4 limes) but I chose to just add one to please my taste buds. You can certainly add more tartness as you desire but I was happy with just using the zest and juice of one lime. This smoothie was super refreshing and very filling...a great way to start your day with the bursting flavors that will wake you right up...and what a great way to use avocados! —themessimake.com
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any other version of almond or soy milk will do)
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- 1 cup crushed ice (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and run the blender until you get a smooth creamy consistency. Feel free to add a splash of almond milk if needed. Do a taste test and add your choice of sweetening product if you desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados