If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad has it all - buttery avocado, slightly crunchy-slightly soft (thanks to the acid in the lemon) kale with its wonderful mineral-rich tang, sweet, a little ping of flavor from the garlic, a rich little bit sweet coating from the coconut oil and a little crunch from your choice of toasted sesame seeds, pepitas or sunflower seeds. —Eve Fox
Serves 4-6 as a side
- 1 bunch fresh kale, rinsed and dried
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 3 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Few grinds of black pepper
- Handful unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Handful toasted pepitas, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
- Remove the ribs from the kale and chop it well. Place it in a good sized serving bowl and rub the lemon juice, sea salt and coconut oil thoroughly into the leaves. Leave it to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Peel and pit the avocado and cut it into cubes. Mash half of the avocado cubes with the garlic, black pepper and maple syrup and work it into the chopped kale.
- Top with the rest of the cubed avocado, the shredded coconut and the toasted seeds and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados