Author Notes: This recipe, also part of my Cuban Cooking project is hands-down the best mashed potato recipe I have made - ever. It has four ingredients and doubles and triples with ease. I served it this past Thanksgiving and my guests couldn't pin-point what it was made with. Kept them coming back for more. —christinagp
ounces cream cheese
- Boil the potatoes until they become soft and start forming a puree.
- Strain the potatoes, but be careful to leave the puree that has begun to form in the pot and return the potatoes to the same pot.
- Soften butter in a microwave, only for 15 seconds.
- Add the salt, cream cheese and butter to the potatoes.
- Mash by hand until soft and creamy, leaving lumps, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes