If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A decadent, rich, and vibrant rice salad. Dressed with a one of a kind dreamy avocado creme and studded with pan roasted potatoes and zucchini this one of a kind dish will leave you satisfied and and dreaming of avocado for days! —Tasty Plan
Dreamy Avocado Crema
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2" pieces fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients in blender. Puree at high speed until creamy and smooth. Taste for seasoning, and adjust as necessary. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Keeps for a day in the refrigerator, but starts to loose its vibrancy after a couple hours.
Aromatic Avocado Rice Salad with Potatoes and Squash
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups new potatoes, quartered
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dreamy Avocado Crema
- Place 1 cup rice in a large bowl with 4-5 cups of water. Soak for three hours. Drain and rinse rice under cold water.
- Place rice in a large pot with a cup and half of water and a substantial pinch of salt. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer until most of the water has been absorbed. Cover, and cook at low heat for 20 minutes. Rice will be ready when fluffy and soft, with a bite. Set aside.
- While rice cooks, prepare the potatoes and zucchini.
- Place a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat until it starts to smoke
- Add washed and halved potatoes, with a pinch of salt. Cook at high heat for 5-7 minutes. Potatoes should start to blister.
- Add zucchini that has been sliced width-wise into 1-inch round pieces. Reduce heat to low and cover using foil paper.
- Cook for another 10 minutes. Both potatoes and zucchini should be tender and fully cooked.
- To assemble salad, place rice, half a cup of avocado crema, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Stir until evenly distributed. Add potatoes and zucchini. Taste for seasoning, and adjust. Stir until just incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados