If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a chop-chop salad that is easy and fun. It is a great use for leftover sweet potatoes, but if you want to make it when you have no leftovers, it’s easy enough to microwave, bake or boil them; just remember to prepare them first and to allow enough time to do so. If you are preparing this salad ahead of time, wait until just before you are ready to serve to cut up the avocado and toss the salad with the dressing. —The Weiser Kitchen
Serves 10 side salads
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 3 fresh limes (5 tablespoons of juice, 1½ teaspoons zest)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 4 cups baby romaine lettuce
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-by-½-inch pieces,stems, ribs and seeds discarded
- 3 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-by-½-inch pieces, root ends discarded
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and rinsed
- 1 (9-ounce) jar artichoke hearts (not marinated) or frozen artichokes
- 2 microwaved, baked, or boiled sweet potatoes, at room temperature, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 medium dill pickles, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 avocados
- Prepare the dressing by combining the Dijon mustard, molasses, lime juice and zest, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend thoroughly. While whisking, drizzle in the oil until the mixture is thoroughly blended and emulsified. Set aside.
- Combine the romaine lettuce, spinach, corn kernels, red pepper, scallions, olives, hearts of palm, artichokes, sweet potatoes, pickles into a large serving bowl. Cut the avocados into 2-inch cubes.
- Whisk the dressing once more to blend and pour it over the salad. Toss gently to coat and serve.