Author Notes: This light and easy to prepare salad/light meal combines contrasting textures, flavors and temperatures. It is bright and bold, not just on the palate but also for the eye. Harmony on a plate. —happystomachs blog
Makes: 1 serving
ounces Edamame, frozen
bunch Parsley, Italian
tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
pieces Chicken Egg
Sea Salt, Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Add frozen Edamame and let simmer 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Wash Parsley, dry well. Pluck off the leaves, chop. Set aside.
- Juice a Lemon half. In a large bowl, mis Lemon Juice with Sherry Vinegar.
- Cut Avocado in half, take out the core, peel. Cut Avocado halves into fine slices, immediately add to the bowl. Add Edamame and Parsley. Toss throughly.
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Crack two eggs and let slip into the water. Poach for just three minutes, then put them onto a paper towel to quickly drain.
- Arrange the salad on a plate and top with the eggs. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados