If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kirby cucumbers, move over just a bit. Zucchini is taking a turn at becoming a well-loved pickle. The natural sweetness of small zucchini is a great foil for this garlicky chili-spiced brine.
—The Weiser Kitchen
- 3 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 6 long red chillies
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 medium or 6 small zucchini, trimmed and cut into 2 by ½-inch sticks (or crosswise, ½-inch thick)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the zucchini In a nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Place the zucchini in a large heatproof container and pour the brine over. Let stand until room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for up to one month.