If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first put this recipe together mentally in my mind after a very strenuous hike. I started with the avocado and faro being the starting point and then added the summer squash and lettuce. You could easily swap out other grains and veggies to make this salad your own. The dressing is a white balsamic and honey mix with a small amount of dried mustard. —cheri
Serves 2 very well
For the salad
- 1/2 cup farro (cooked)
- 1 avocado (halved, thinly sliced)
- 1 summer squash (cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into 1/4 inch rounds)
- 1 bunch Small head red romaine (sliced into 1/4 inch ribbons)
- 1/8 ounce feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 handful roasted walnut pieces
- 2 pieces green onions (thinly sliced)
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- pieces green onion (thinly sliced)
- In a large bowl, add in sections; the faro, avocado, squash, red romaine, feta cheese, walnuts and green onions.
- For the dressing: combine the vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and green onion. Whisk. Serve with dressing on the side.