If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salade Niçoise is a typical salad from South of France. Bursting with seasonal vegetables, this is a vegan version without eggs, tuna or anchovies. Simple & nutritious! —The Flexitarian
- 1.6 pounds new potatoes
- 8.8 ounces baby plum tomatoes
- 7 ounces fine French green beans
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup puy lentils
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 7 ounces Moroccan dry black olives (or similar)
- 9.9 ounces jar of artichoke hearts in oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small bunch basil
- salt & pepper
- Heat up some salted water in one large saucepan and 2 smaller ones.
- When the water is boiling cook potatoes in the large saucepan for 15-20 mins until tender. Cook lentils in one of the smaller saucepan for 10 mins until cooked. Cook green beans for 10 mins in the other smaller saucepan for 10 mins. Lentils and green beans should be cooked but still have a bite. When cooked drain each separately and leave to cool.
- In the meantime prepare the rest of the vegetables. Cut baby plum tomatoes in half. Cut yellow pepper and red onion in small dice. Cut artichoke hearts in quarters. Cut cucumber in medium dice.
- Place cooled lentils, potatoes and beans in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, olives and artichokes followed by finely chopped basil.
- Make vinaigrette in a separate bowl by mixing mustard, olive oil and vinegar until you have a thick dressing.
- Toss salad and dressing together. Season to taste.
- Leave covered in the fridge for 2 hrs to overnight. Remove from fridge 1/2 hour before serving.