If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mashed potato category could wear me out. I love mashed potatoes, and there are certainly hundreds of favorite ways to enjoy mashed potatoes. This is my version of a side dish I had in a restaurant years ago-(-the first time I had ever seen some of the peeling left in mashed potatoes-)-that turned into my main course! The best part was the addition of truffle oil and roasted garlic. —Annelle
heads of garlic
extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the tops off both garlic heads. Place each head on a piece of foil large enough to draw up around the head. Douse each head with olive oil, and pull the foil up around the garlic heads and seal.
- Slip the foil packets into 400 degree oven and roast for about 30 minutes.
small to medium new potatoes, if medium, cut them in half
black truffle infused extra virgin olive oil
black truffle sea salt
tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
tablespoons butter, melted, depending on size of potatoes
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes, and remove and discard about 2/3 of the peeling from each potato. Place in large pot of salted water over medium heat, and cook until potatoes are nearly fork tender (about 15 minutes). Don't overcook...you don't want the potatoes to fall apart.
- Drain the potatoes and dry by putting back in cooking pot, and back on stove just for a few seconds to dry water. Place in bowl and drizzle small amount of truffle oil and sprinkle with truffle salt, turning to coat. Place on sheet pan. Sprinkle thyme over potatoes. Place in 400 degree preheated oven and roast until potatoes begin to brown on bottoms, and are cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Remove potatoes and place back in bowl, scraping any oil, salt and thyme from pan into bowl. Add melted butter. Mash with a potato masher. Then open roasted garlic and squeeze garlic into potatoes. Mash again, add pepper and adjust for salt.
- Place in serving bowl and top with splash of truffle oil before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes