If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted, just barely, from Ginette Richards. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
For the blinis
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- dash or cayenne pepper
- canola oil for frying
For the salsa
- 1/2 mango, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream and cilantro as garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, egg, milk, and butter. Whisk together until smooth batter forms. Stir in corn and cayenne pepper.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a medium sized frying pan. Once oil is hot, scoop about 1 tablespoon sized dollops of batter on to pan, leaving about an inch between each (you will have to do several batches). Cook blinis for about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Flip and cook on other side for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to plate and repeat until all batter is used, adding more oil inbetween batches if needed.
- Combine mango, red onion, red bell pepper, and lime juice in a medium sized bowl. Stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once blinis have cooled to room temperature, dollop a tablespoon or less of salsa on each and top with a little sour cream and cilantro.